Sunday, August 23, 2009
O Canada, eh?
After a few months readjusting to normal life, we managed to escape for an August week up in British Columbia, visiting Vancouver, Victoria, and Whistler.
Some highlights from our first few days in Vancouver:
* Chatting with native Canadian, who really do say eh, eh?
* Dining at Cielo in White Rock, BC (great food) with Esther's niece Alexa and her fiancee Jerry while looking across the bay to the United States.
* Enjoying the public art, in particular the painted eagles. (We've previously seen cows in Chicago, flamingos in Miami, elephants and donkeys in DC, and pandas, alligators, and fish in places we've forgotten.)
* Traveling on the aquabus -- tiny passenger ferries.
* Flying over the city in a float plane.